COVID-19 Announcement: Changes to course delivery. View our Coronavirus updates page.

International Students Office

The International Students Office is situated in Building B at Chisholm's Dandenong campus. If you are based at one of our other six campuses, you will have an International Student Coordinator within your teaching department. The International Student Coordinator can support you in most cases and if not, will assist you in contacting the International Student Office in Dandenong for further assistance. Additionally, our Welfare Coordinator for International Students visits each campus regularly.

Our staff in the International Students Office provide a wide range of services including:

  • Ensuring your arrival to Chisholm is successful and worry-free
  • You are settled into appropriate accommodation
  • You are introduced into student life at Chisholm
  • Tuition Fee payment services
  •  A regular social gathering of international students to meet for coffee.
  •  Compliance associated with the Student Visa regulations
  •  Any welfare issues where you may need some support
  • Referral on Student Visa issues.

An Allianz representative attends Dandenong campus once per week in the International Students Office for student enquiries and assistance. The 24/ 7 Allianz Assistance Student Health Line number is 1800 854 344

International students studying at Chisholm can access a range of free support services and facilities. During your orientation and enrolment, all these facilities and services will be introduced to you. In addition to these, international students can access the following support services.

Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)

International students on student visas must be covered by Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of their studies. Chisholm’s provider is OSHC Global Assistance, which is owned and operated by the global company Allianz.

Find out more about OSHC

24-hour International Student Assistance Line  1800 175 349

Save this number into your phone so you will always have it when you might need to ask a question. This special-after hours telephone hotline for international students at Chisholm allows you to get advice and support at night, and on weekends.

Phone this number for advice or support if you have a concern or problem: 

  • If you are unwell or physically injured and don't know what to do
  • If you are worried about your safety
  • If you are feeling stressed, anxious or emotionally upset
  • In a situation that is causing you concern (but you are not sure if it is an emergency)

You can also call if you need information, such as:

  • transport information (timetables, taxi, car accident assistance)
  • health or medical information
  • accommodation information
  • banking information
  • lost property
  • course advice
  • what to do if you need to go home
  • how to apply for a letter
  • how to change you contact details with Chisholm
  • withdrawal and transfer procedures
  • orientation information
  • opening hours (campus buildings, etc)
  • staff/student issues.

When you call you can choose to remain anonymous or give details like your student number - it is your choice.

It is a free call from landlines anywhere in Australia. Standard call rates apply from mobile phones.

Changing your contact details

Under Australian Government student visa regulations, you must register your residential address and telephone number with Chisholm within seven days of your arrival. Every time you change address or phone numbers, you need to inform Chisholm within seven days. If you have moved house or changed phone number:

Working while you study

International students are permitted to work for up to 40 hours per fortnight during the study period and full-time work hours during the semester breaks. You will need to apply for a tax file number to work in Australia. Apply to the Australian Taxation Office.

Going home or on holiday

If you need to return to your home country for any reason while you are studying - or go on leave - you need to inform Chisholm. If your leave is during semester (you will miss some classes) you need to:

If your leave is during the semester holidays (you will not miss any classes) you need to:

Requesting documents

While you are studying at Chisholm, the Department of Immigration and Home Affairs may require you to provide evidence of your current course of study for a range of reasons and you can provide this evidence by requesting a letter from Chisholm.

Depending on the type of letter or document you may require, you may need to request the form from the International Office or your teaching area.

Letters you can request through the ISP

  • Confirmation of Course Studied  -  this letter details the current course you are enrolled in and the expected end date for your course.
  • Invitation letter - this letter confirms the details of the current course you are enrolled in and includes your request to invite your family members - make sure to write their names clearly and in full so that the letter is accurate.
  • Attendance letter - this letter will include your current percentage of attendance for your course of study.

To request any of these letters from the International Office: with subject heading: Letter request

Letters you can request from the program coordinator in your study area

  • Course completion letter - this letter can be requested if you have completed your course of study and are waiting for your certificate and/or results.

To request a course completion letter:

  • Email your program coordinator and write a clear request for a letter of completion. Make sure to include your full name and student ID number. You can request the email address from your teachers or the department administrator.


Documents you can request from Client Services reception (Building A at your campus)

  • Statement of Results* you can request a statement of results at any time during or after you complete your course which will list the subjects you have completed successfully towards your qualifications.
  • Apply for your Certificate/Diploma* - when you have completed your Certificate or Diploma successfully you can apply for your official certificate. The application form is available at the Customer Service reception.

*If you have outstanding fees (including tuition and materials fees or even a library fine) this letter will not be given to you. Please come to the International Office to organise any overdue payments.